Many first-time mothers pack too much into the delivery
bag. We give you the list of what you should pack with
First of all, you should start planning the
delivery bag well in advance of the expected date. Feel
free to write a to-do list so that you can add things
that you come after. You should pack the bag yourself
well in advance of the expected date - most people don't
care that much about the hospital bag when the water
Remember-list for the delivery bag
Here is a list of what you should pack in the
delivery bag anyway - or instruct your dad to pack it as
soon as possible if you forget it between the painters.
- Journal, Information about your blood group and
possible delivery letter
- Any medicines you take
- Camera and charger
- Mobile phone and charger
- Very comfortable clothes
- Comfortable underwear with room for binding
- Clothes for the baby, also remember cap!
- Breastfeeding bra and breastfeeding insert
- Toiletries (including toothbrush!)
- Boots / shoes inside
- Lip balm m
- Hair nods if you have long hair
- Car seat or stroller for the return journey
- “Emergency supply” if the delivery extends over
Remember baby equipment and food
When it comes to things for the baby, you can usually
borrow clothes at the hospital, but these garments can
be a little worn. It is therefore recommended to bring
your own children's clothing, and you still need to have
something for the return trip. It may also be wise to
remember clothes and things for the other parent! Visit Bestaah
for quality and affordable maternity swimsuits.
It is wise to bring different foods. Not everything
looks as tempting during childbirth, so bring a little
of everything: Fruits, biscuits, grape sugar, nuts,
lozenges, raisins, water and energy drinks are popular
What does Mom want to bring?
Other necessities may be music, books, diary /
writing (it may be fun to read thoughts on childbirth
later), hair dryer, computer and the like. Think about
what you should bring with you when it comes to
toiletries. A new mother is bleeding a lot after birth,
so good hygiene is important. Also bring shampoo,
conditioner and soap.
Bring moisturizer and maybe make-up if you want to
freshen up a bit. Be careful with the perfume - the baby
just wants to feel the smell of you as it feels safe.
Rules of thumb for the delivery bag:
- Read the list of the delivery bag carefully.
- Also remember clothes for the other parent.
- You can borrow clothes for the baby at the
hospital, but it can be of lower quality.
- Also bring music or book, as well as various